The Eighth Day

We are living in this eighth day eternal world. We are always in the eighth day.


When we go to the Liturgy we are in eternity (and) heaven is on earth.


We’re already now with the Resurrected One. His eternity is present among us. His eternal life has broken into our world of time and is present and active among us.


--Dr Arthur Just, commenting on Luke 19, April 7, 2010 on Issues Etc

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Clapotis is finished






Here is DD#1 modeling Clapotis for me. I used the aqua colorway for the increase and decrease sections, alternated aqua and periwinkle every 2 rows for about 24 rows, and did the center straight section in periwinkle. I'm really pleased with the way the colors worked.

Other than purling the st to be dropped, I followed the instructions. That was unusual for me. I think I may do a SK lace version with plain yarn. I wanted to keep this one extra-easy, though.
I realized after a few rows these colors don't match my complexion. DD#1 said she wasn't interested either, so I was quietly planning to give it to a friend's daughter who is expecting her first baby this summer. I'm not well acquainted with her daughter, but she is going through some difficult times right now. I thought Cpapotis would make a nice wrap when a sweater might be too warm (or not fitting anymore), and could be used to cover Baby when she's walking outside later. I was going to make some matching booties and a baby hat from the leftover yarn.

After the photo shoot on a cool, windy spring day, DD has decided she would like it after all. She thinks it would be nice for air conditioned places in summer. She assures me she will not wear it once then throw it on the floor, forgotten. Which is what happened to her Christmas cape from 2004. Which is what happened to her handbag from 2006. Hmmmm...now what do I do?

3 comments:

Robin said...

it is beautiful, fantastic job! (found your blog from the Clappy KAL, btw!~) - Minnie

Suzann said...

It looks beautiful. Can I borrow your lovely DD to model mine?
I have knit my dd who knows how many pairs of socks. I doubt she could show you one complete pair. I think they live under her bed. go figure
I found your blog from the Clappy KAL also

Jknits said...

It's gorgeous and what a great idea for aombo mom and baby gift!